Welcome to the 2018 Municipality of South Bruce Election information page. Municipal elections in Ontario are held every four years and are governed by the Municipal Elections Act. The next election for the Municipality of South Bruce will be held Monday, October 22, 2018.
Election Nomination Period Change of Date
Please be advised that the Nomination Period for the 2018 Municipal Election has been shortened due to recent changes to the Municipal Elections Act. Nominations will not be accepted until May 1, 2018. The deadline for nominations will be 2 p.m. on July 27, 2018. Forms and candidate information packages will be available Spring 2018.
Nomination start date: May 1, 2018
Nomination end date: July 27, 2018, 2 p.m.
Election Day: October 22, 2018
New term of council begins: December 1, 2018
End of campaign period: December 31, 2018
For additional information or for assistance regarding the election, please contact:
CAO/Clerk – Returning Officer
519-392-6623 X 224
Municipality of South Bruce Elections are held for the following Offices:
• Councillor Ward 1 (former Mildmay/Carrick - two elected by Ward 1 electors)
• Councillor Ward 6 (former Teeswater/Culross - two elected by Ward 6 electors)
• Councillor At Large (two elected by all electors)
• Board of Education: English Language Public School
• Board of Education: English Language Separate School
• Board of Education: French Language Separate School Trustee for English Language Public
A person is entitled to be an elector at an election held in a local municipality if on Voting Day, he or she,
• resides in the local municipality, or is the owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
• is a Canadian Citizen
• is at least 18 years old; and
• is not prohibited from voting under Section 17 Subsection 3 or otherwise by law.