Welcome to the 2018 Municipality of South Bruce Election information page. Municipal elections in Ontario are held every four years and are governed by the Municipal Elections Act. The next election for the Municipality of South Bruce will be held Monday, October 22, 2018.
Nomination start date: May 1, 2018
Nomination end date: July 27, 2018, 2 p.m.
Election Day: October 22, 2018
New term of council begins: December 1, 2018
End of campaign period: December 31, 2018
The Municipality of South Bruce will once again be using an electronic method for the 2018 election. Electors can choose to vote either by telephone or Internet.
• Electronic voting provides flexibility to when and where you vote
• Each individual on the voters list will receive a voter information letter. This letter will contain instructions on how to cast your ballot and a PIN number to access the system
• The Voter Information Letter will contain a phone number and location of the Voter Help Center as well as Candidate information.
• Voter Information Letters will be mailed out to qualified electors in October.
You will be able to access the system to place your vote by telephone or internet from your home computer, telephone or smart phone starting on:
October 15th, 2018 at 8:30a.m. until October 22nd, 2018 at 8:00p.m.
VOTE EARLY - Residents are encouraged to vote early with voting officially beginning October 15th at 8:30am.
A person is entitled to be an elector at an election held in a local municipality if on Voting Day, he or she,
• resides in the local municipality, or is the owner or tenant of land there, or the spouse of such owner or tenant; and
• is a Canadian Citizen
• is at least 18 years old; and
• is not prohibited from voting under Section 17 Subsection 3 or otherwise by law.