An Asset Management Plan outlines the condition and assessment of assets the Municipality owns.
These assets include everything from building and furniture, to sewer lines and road signs. This Plan helps us to forecast, and schedule, our rehabilitation and reconstruction activities.
An Asset Management Plan helps us to:
- Produce a more accurate capital budget each year
- Monitor current levels of service, life cycle trends and deterioration models
- Plan and develop a detailed five year capital budget
- Prepare a twenty year, long range, capital budget
- Protect the Municipality’s infrastructure investments
In preparing these kinds of plans we analyze current and projected asset conditions. We also analyze alternative investment options to help make cost-effective investment decisions.