The Municipality of South Bruce is looking for a Project Manager to assist leadership with the site selection process being undertaken by the Nuclear Waste Management Organization (NWMO) for a Deep Geological Repository (DGR). The DGR is a significant infrastructure project that will provide long-term storage for Canada’s nuclear waste. The NWMO has stated that it will only locate the DGR in an informed and willing host community. South Bruce is one of two remaining communities in the NWMO site selection process. The NWMO is aiming to decide on site selection by 2023.
The Municipality is building a team to assist it in assessing the benefits and potential impacts of locating the DGR in South Bruce. The role of the Project Manager will be to lead the Municipality’s activities in the site selection process under the direction of the CAO/Clerk and Municipal Council.
The Responsibilities will include:
- Engage and communicate with community and others formally and informally - identify - concerns and or opportunities. Review impact assessment studies
- Assist with the retention, direction and coordination of the work of a team of specialized consultants retained by the Municipality.
- Help to identify appropriate community well-being activities resulting from NWMO funding.
- Work with the NWMO relationship manager. Arrange meetings, presentations and forums in the community.
- Prepare budgets and work plans for approval by CAO/Clerk and Municipal Council
- Prepare reports/ presentations for Council and South Bruce Community Liaison Committee.
This is a contract position with a term of approximately 3 years. Individuals considering this position should have experience in project management, environmental planning, engineering or other equally compelling background. Knowledge of the issues around nuclear waste and environmental impact, as well as a proven record of successful public engagement would be an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by submitting their resume with covering letter by 4:00pm on June 29th, 2020 to:
Bruce Malcolm, Ravenhill - Smith Search Inc.
First Canadian 100 King Street West, Ste. 5600 Toronto, Ontario M5X 1C9
Questions should be directed to: Bruce Malcolm Managing Partner, Ravenhill Smith
Call Toll Free 1-888-447-5910 #727 or call 1-416-358-5174
We thank all applicants in advance, but regret that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The Corporation of the Municipality of South Bruce is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Innovation Officer Municipal Innovation Council
Contract Position (2.5 years) Full-time 35 hours per week
The Municipal Innovation Council (MIC) is a collaborative project that includes eight municipalities and the Nuclear Innovation Institute (NII). The Innovation Officer will report to this committee with the accountability to lead and implement specific projects to provide innovative solutions to common municipal challenges. The position will be located in the Nuclear Innovation Institute located in Port Elgin, Ontario.