The Municipality of South Bruce entered into an agreement with Veolia Water Canada Inc.(bylaw #2016-77).
The agreement is for a set period whereby Veolia agrees to maintain the Municipality’s water and waste water systems.
The Municipality shall maintain ownership of all systems and fund capital expenditures. Veolia agrees to manage, maintain, operate, and repair the Municipality’s facilities. Monthly reports will be provided to Council by Veolia and the Municipality. Testing and sampling shall also be provided in accordance with Ontario Regulations. Veolia agrees to monitor the facilities 24/7.
Together the Municipality of South Bruce and Veolia are committed to the Quality Management System Policy which includes the following:
- Providing the consumer with a consistent supply of clean, safe drinking water
- Complying with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements
- Managing and operating the water supply system in a responsible manner in accordance with documented Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures
- Maintaining and continually improving its Quality Management System (QMS)
For more information regarding the service agreement between the Municipality and Veolia, please contact the Municipal office.
After hours water or wastewater emergencies, please contact Veolia at:
After hours: 519-889-2419 *please leave a message and an operator will contact you *
- Drinking Water Quality Management System (DWQMS)
- 2018 Drinking Water Quality Report – Teeswater
- 2018 Drinking Water Quality Report - Mildmay
- 2018 Teeswater Formosa Sewer System and Wastewater Treatment Plant Summary
- 2018 Mildmay Water Pollution Control Plant Summary
Seasonal Watering Restrictions The Municipality is committed to water conservation and enforcing water restrictions as per By-Law 2003-04. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
All use of water through a hose, or other attachment, for use on lawns, flower beds, streets or gardens, or for any other outside purpose in Mildmay and Teeswater must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Properties in Mildmay on the east side of Elora Street and properties in Teeswater lying east of Clinton Street
Water between the hours of 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesay, Friday. Sunday watering is prohibited
- Properties in Mildmay on the west side of Elora Street and properties in Teeswater lying west of Clinton Street
Water between the hours of 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Sunday watering is prohibited
Continuous watering of lawns and gardens is strictly prohibited.
If any indication of a problem with the water supply should arise, further restrictions may be imposed.
Every person who contravenes any provision of the By-Law is guilty of an offense and an administration charge of $50.00 per offence will be charged to the offender and if not paid, the outstanding amount will be added to the taxes of the property owner.
Residents require a Permit for Connection to Sewer when any lateral sewer lines are installed, and a Permit for Decomissioning when septic tanks are disconnected.
Residents must provide the Municipality with 24 hours notice prior to any construction, and contractors must be approved by the Municipality.
Inspections are completed after installation and prior to backfill.
Installations must be completed within 60 days of the issuance of a permit.
Prior to any construction located must be acquired. Ontario One Call provides locates for hydro, gas, and telephone. Contact the Municipal Office for water locates.